A quote for thought:
God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the Gift of God. That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
— Thomas Jefferson (1781)
Doug was graduated from MidAmerica Nazarene University (MNU) in December of 1995 with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. After graduation he worked for MNU in the Information Technology office. In 1999, he became the University's first full-time webmaster.
Family life is important to Doug and he enjoys spending time with his wife, Rhonda, and his three children: Christopher, Jessica and Thomas. Rhonda spends her days with nanny work and enjoying her adult children.
The study of theology (a systematic understanding of the nature of God as revealed in the Bible) is one of Doug's interests. Everybody has a system of theology, so why not make it a good one?
Nathan and Doug have been working in their spare time together on a game company, Happy Kitchen Games, which launched their first game title: Click-a-Block! Check out the free download and let me know what you think!
Doug scored ISTJ on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (big surprise, eh?).
As a graduate from McLouth High School (USD 342) in McLouth, KS (class of 1991), he would be interested in hearing from others who attended, especially those in his class.
For the longest time I didn't really have any hobbies, but I've taken steps to remedy that. In the process I've discovered the reason I never had hobbies: they're expensive!
- Doug's résumé
- Hysterical History - a sample of humorous essays submitted by students
- HowTos - Articles I've written about how to do stuff
- Technology helps - More articles I've written
- Theology Thoughts - Would you believe there are more articles I've written?
- Ramblings - Opinion pieces on various topics
- Internet Safety for Your Family - Some resources I've gathered over the years
- My PGP public key
- Photo album
- Songs I made using Acid Music software
- Vacation plans, photos, etc.
- Wish List
- Computer Virus and other Email Myths (don't be tricked!)
- Check out other sites that are physically near me:
- National Do Not Call Registry
- Happy Kitchen Games - fun, inexpensive games!
- MyBookmarks.com - Store your bookmarks/favorites here and access them anywere.
- Financial Calculator (compound interest, mortgage, etc.)
- The Reynolds Law Firm has been very helpful to me. I'd recommend them for family law issues.
- Steve Elstrom who works for the US Army
- Nathan Grebowiec check out his new anti-Nickelback site
- Dave Green
- Jason Lynn
- Rick Sams and his design firm, Elemental Design
- Matt Sapp
You may email me if you so desire.